Are you planning to migrate to Magento 2? Well, if so you have come to the right place as here I would like to emphasize on everything I know about Magento 2 so far. So sit back and relax, grab a cup of coffee and read away.
Magento 2 has been pretty much in talks these days, and I personally feel it’s a doozy thing trending all across the globe. Overall these years, Magento as an eCommerce platform has been pushed forward at breakneck speed thanks to a surprise acquisition of the eCommerce shopping cart.
Speaking of Magento’s Market Share, it may quite interest you to know that even being relatively new Magento 2 is way popular than imagined. All thanks to the viral following of Magento. More importantly, it’s a win-win for enterprise retailers that need a fast, reliable, and secure system with plenty of customization options. Let us get into the details of why Magento 2 is an excellent fit for retailers worldwide.
#1 Beefed-Up Admin Backend
Unlike its ancestors, Magento 2 seems to have taken a different journey. The beefed-up admin dashboard and control panel that’s far more user-friendly.
In comparison to Magento 1, the backend of Magento 2 is tech-savvy, which could grasp. The platform’s dashboard is modern, user-friendly, and feature-rich. It comprises of UX which is mainly optimized for merchants of all sizes, with special, additional features made available in the enterprise edition. Bulk edits, for example, provides users far greater control and ease of product and listing management.
Also, you will find updated admin menus featuring improved usability, easy product creation tools, and improved content and image management. These elements make it superior over its predecessor and more attractive to both technical as well as non-technical users.
It may quite interest you to know that Magento 2 has striven to make a more usable e-commerce solution which does not require its users to shell out thousands on costly developers every time they need to update their online store.
Magento, as an eCommerce platform, has always been a speedy service. There is no denying in the fact that even one-second delay in page loading time can decrease conversions by a significant amount; every millisecond counts when it comes to loading time.
Another most significant update to page loading time is the resolution of prevalent and nightmarish caching issues exhibited by Magento 1. Instead, these problems have been permanently resolved, enabling Magento 2 platforms to process 600 orders per hour, as compared to Magento 1, which is only capable of processing around 467 orders per hour.
#3 Compatible Payment Gateways
From PayPal to Braintree, net, WorldPay, CyberSource, Magento 2 is now able to work with all these gateways. They will be adding some new gateways in the future, but these do comprise some of the best known, most reliable, and securest of the bunch. Still, it’d be nice to see more added options for payment gateways in the future, something that is certainly yet to come.
#4 Limited Extensions
With any community of its size, Magento 2 is light on available extensions, but this is the only a short-term issue. The dedicated developer community just needs a bit more time to create updated extensions for this new platform. The only issue here is that there are some retailers won’t want to make the move to a system without the extensions they are currently using being available from the get-go. A smart option, if you’re considering making the switch, is to look up your favorite extensions to see if they are available or in the works on Magento 2 before you decide.
#5 Port Themes
Many of you have this misconception that Magento 1 and 2 are no different platforms. In most cases, you won’t be able to port Magento 1 directly to Magento 2. The good news is that a variety of data migration tools will be available soon that allows you to do this.
While there are some data porting options, customization will undoubtedly follow. Magento 2 themes are entirely different, with most retailers wanting to develop them from scratch. As time passes, and as the developer community grows, plenty of themes will be available to online retailers.
Best 5 Free Magento 2 Extension
1. Featured Products– Creating an infinite number of blocks, inserting them via CMS layout and widgets, selecting product pictures to display in the block, are certain core features offered by this Magento 2 extension in particular. Basically featured products allow store owners to display featured products on their website effectively using blocks, templates, layouts, and widgets. Also, the extension can be easily disabled when not in use.
2. EU Compliance Notification Bar– Are you craving from an extension that gives you the ability to acquire information about user activity by informing the user first? EU Cookie Compliance extension for M2 gives a clean and easy to use Cookie Notification bar to take consent of the user first. In case you are thinking, does the user require to accept cookie permissions before they are downloaded to the user’s device? Probably not! The data obtained from these cookies can be easily used for various purposes in regards to user experience and adding advanced features and functionality to your web store.
3. Banner Slider– Being a fully responsive extension, a banner slider allows professionals to include exquisite sliders with unlimited pictures. Here you can include a plethora of picture sliders to your collected information, again with different design alternatives and include these banner sliders practically anyplace on your webshop. Some of the few potential use cases include a full-screen picture slider to your landing page for better marketing or adding a slider to the cart to advance potential strategically pitch the items. Easy installation, unlimited image slides, adding sliders anywhere you like, Multistore support, adding a link to every individual slider, disable slider when not in use are some of its perks.
4. Free Blog– Everyone desires to create an opensource website featuring interesting content and free blog for Magento 2 serves the purpose. Here adding exciting posts on the latest news updates, instructional articles, roundup posts, and other forms of content to engage your users and keep them updated with interesting information. Also, the extension is SEO friendly that can get you permalinks to get maximum exposure towards your blogs.
5. Video Gallery– Using this extension allows you to make product additionally convincing with attractive recordings. Chances are there you can either transfer video documents from a PC gadget or install them from online video sharing systems like YouTube, Vimeo, and so forth. Add different recordings to your website and show them in appealing video exhibitions. Its core features include:
- Multiple videos and merge them into explicit products
- View, alter or debilitate videos from a unified backend
- Multi-store and multi-lingual help
- Add an infinite number of videos
- Organize video positions accordingly