All the things used within a house are equally important and they need to be inspected and taken care of on a regular basis. This goes true even for the drainage system in the house. There can be no denying the fact that issues with the drainage system of the house can have a bad impact on the entire household. Leakages of drains and pipes cannot be ignored because they can result in structural problems in the future. Surface flooding might be the greater impact of such drainage issues. Therefore, it is always very important to take care of the drain and inspect them on a regular basis. CCTV surveys can be of good help in this direction. Since, the underground cannot be reached; CCTV cameras can be used for detecting the different problems and for getting exact details of the problems.
How can CCTV Cameras Help?
CCTV surveys can easily be handled and afforded by homeowners with the effective use of CCTV cameras. These cameras help homeowners in getting hold of the issues hidden underground. Carrying out a survey with the use of a CCTV camera is considered a very effective and preventative maintenance program which does not require digging holes. These cameras can easily be fitted in pipes, sewers, drains and various other places where they might be required. Individuals do not need to go through any kind of hassle when installing these cameras at different critical places. However, the cameras must be installed in such a way that they do not get damaged with constant water. It is also to be noted that these cameras are not quite intelligent and therefore they are unable to understand whether drainage is watertight or leaky. They are widely used for surveying the drainage systems in commercial enterprises. They are also used in residential properties and it is always very important to get proper advice from the drainage contractor prior to using these cameras in drainage systems. These devices can effectively be used for future safety if you are looking forward to purchasing a new property or house.
Different Features of CCTV Cameras Used for Drainage Surveys
The different features of CCTV cameras used for drainage surveys are as follows:
- These are basically color cameras with high resolution.
- They can easily be immersed and fitting in pipes measuring 25mm to 100 mm in diameter and 6m in length.
- These cameras feature centralizing brushes that help in providing good quality picture clarity.
- Most varieties of these cameras are water-resistant and can easily be used in water.
- External monitoring and video recordings can also be conducted with the use of these cameras.
- The coils of these cameras are made using cast aluminum and therefore the user does not face a lot of problem when trying to maintain these cameras.
- These cameras generally comply with different operations in explosive environment as well.
- The cameras are delivered in custom-built and robust packing cases.
Thus, it can rightly be said that by conducting CCTV surveys, different problems in relation to sewage and drainage can easily be solved. These cameras help people in having comprehensive surveys and in getting hold of basic problems and their solutions as well.