Accessing your email from your mobile devices is essential for workers on the go. Missing a critical message can mean taking too long to get an important job done and can even lead to losing a client. The business environment is very competitive today and whether you’re a business of one or 10,000, it’s essential to keep in touch throughout the day and to know the minute a critical message is received. Waiting several hours to respond may be just too long. These instructions on synchronizing, your contacts, calendar, mail and mobile devices should help you keep in touch with your valuable contacts and enable you to respond in a timely fashion.
Setup Rackspace Email with Mobile Sync on iPod, iPad and iPhone
You can also sync contacts and calendar events in real-time. Here are the setup steps:
- Verify that your iPhone is running a minimum of iOS 4 and that it is 3G or above.
- A Webmail Sync License is required.
- Navigate to Home and tap Settings.
- Navigate to Mail | Contacts | Calendars | Add Account | Microsoft Exchange.
- On Exchange enter this information:
- Email: Enter your complete email address in lowercase.
- Domain: Leave this field blank.
- Username: Re-enter your email address.
- Password: Enter your email password.
- Description: Enter a description of your choice.
- Once your information is entered, your account is verified. If you receive an Unable to Verify Certificate message, tap Accept.
- Tap the Server field. Navigate to the Server address field and enter mobilesync.emailsrvr.com.
- Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select synchronization information and then tap Save.
Synchronizing your Email across Devices, Clients and the Web
Synchronizing your email across devices is essential to coordinating your communications data. For work or for personal use it will enable you to keep track of important information as well as your schedule. Having everything accessible in one place can rationalize what today has begun to be a somewhat chaotic process.
You can synchronize your email across devices, email clients and the web by mapping your folders. Sometimes devices and clients create default folders for spam, trash and sent. The following instructions detail how to map folders to your specification.
- After setting up your mail account, return home and Tap Mail.
- Select the Mailbox you just created and allow your mail to synchronize and then return home.
- Tap Settings | Mail | Contacts | Calendars then select Account and repeat Account selection.
- Tap Advanced at the bottom and then tap Drafts and on the following screen.
- Select Drafts under Server.
Rackspace Email Mobile Devices: IMAP Configuration
The following instructions will enable you to set up your Rackspace business email account on your iPhone using an IMAP connection. This connection lets you access and manage your Rackspace email directly. Changes made on your device are replicated on the Rackspace server. Here are the setup instructions:
- Navigate to Settings | Mail | Contacts | Calendars.
- Tap Add Account | Other | Add Mail Account.
- New Account will appear. Fill out the following data:
- Enter in your first and last name.
- Enter your entire email address.
- Enter descriptive information for the account.
- Tap Save.
- Once your account has been retrieved, select IMAP at the top of the display and enter both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server fields as follows:
- Enter in the secure server name as the host: secure.emailsrvr.com
- Enter in your email address.
- Enter in the password for your email account.
- Tap Save and observe setting verification.
Mapping your Folders
Mapping your folders allows you to synchronize email across all your devices, email clients and the web. By default, some mobile devices and email clients create their own folders for Spam, Sent, Trash, etc. Mapping your messages to their proper folders and accessing associated sub-folders can be accomplished by with the following instructions:
- After you’ve set up your mail account, go back to your home screen and Tap your Mail icon.
- Select your newly created Mailbox and let all your mail synchronize and return to your home screen.
- Tap Settings | Mail | Contacts | Calendars. Select your Account and select it again.
- Tap Advanced | Drafts and select Drafts under Server.
Planning your Day
Regardless of whether you have a small or large company, helping your employees set up their mobile devices so that they will be able to receive company email throughout the day is essential. Setting up a cell phone and synchronizing it with company mail is unlikely to take more than 10 minutes, but it can help keep a client happy and that alone is invaluable.