Increasing your Internet speed is no piece of cake if you do all the process on your own. Increase in Internet speed of your existing WiFi network is the need of everyone in this modern world of technology. Similarly, you can’t complete the process of Netgear n300 Range Extender Setup in poor connectivity or a public WiFi. As range extenders are meant for a high-speed of the Internet everywhere in the house, though its process of configuration is to be completed in a well good Internet connection.
Netgear Extender Setup
- The range extender supposed to be plugged to the nearest wall socket.
- The router should be placed in an open, cool, and dry place.
- The process of range extender can only be completed if you receive live signals from the main router. Do not make the mistake of hiding it.
- Now, grab a computer and connect it to the range extender. Be sure that your range extender is physically and properly connected to the main router. Here, you would need an Ethernet cable to complete this step.
- After that, you would acquire to open a web browser and type mywifiext into field of the address bar.
5 Things that you would Deny
- Do not use the outdated firmware of the router and the modem.
- Make your device rid from a heavy load of malicious files.
- If you found your device overheated, put your process of setup on hold. Shut your router and the computer along with modem for a short while and after two minutes, restart them again.
- The antennas of the router should be well placed in a vertical position. If possible, provide an additional set of antennas to it.
- Place your router away from interference creating devices like Bluetooth speakers, microphones, treadmill, microwaves, mixer, grinder, juicer, etc.
Check the cause of Slow Internet Connection
There would be several reasons for slow Internet connection.
- Maybe your hardware and software haven’t shake hand with the latest technology.
- Countless Downloads.
- A number of devices (wired or wireless) connected to the same network.
- Interference caused by electronic gadgets, mirror, walls, and metal appliances.
- A short amount of Internet speed forms your Internet Service Provider.
Verify the cause of your Internet Speed
The speed of the Internet speed matters a lot in human life. That’s why they get worried as soon as they receive slow speed.
- Consider checking the actual speed of uploads and downloads.
- Set a limit on bandwidth for those guests who often visit you. Such type of feature is known as “guest control”.
- Compare speed of the Internet according to your plan.
- Upgrade your Internet Networking System.
- Call our Netgear experts immediately on toll-free number 1-888-927-2661.
Avoid creating distances between Computer and the Router
In case you are connected to the Internet through a WiFi device (router) you will notice that the networking speed drops suddenly in case you move your device (computer) away from the router. For better speed of the Internet, consider placing your computer closer to the router. Also, make sure that both the devices have enough place to prevent overheating and a load of downloads.
Decrease the number of Items on the Network
Your existing WiFi has the capability of handling a limit amount of devices. Make sure that your computer is the only device that is connected to the router. If it is impossible for you to stick to the desktop all the time or work on a single device, then you have no option left to switch to a range extender that is sometimes called a wireless repeater.
- Turn off all the metal and electronic devices/ gadgets when not in use. They are forced to be disabled especially, during the process of configuration.
- For your extender setup, make sure that you have the right login details. If not, ask our Netgear experts on toll-free number mentioned above.
- Get the solution to your problems, visit net.